Should You Have Your Windows Replaced?On January 3, 2018 by Source Admin
Windows serve two purposes, to allow in natural light and to keep the elements out of your home. Doesn’t sound that complicated, right? Unfortunately it isn’t as simple as that. Windows have changed a lot over the years and now they are more energy efficient. People now understand how much difference a pane of glass can make when it comes to heating your house. So should you have your windows replaced? Let’s look at all the reasons why it might be time to change those old windows.
Advantages to Window Replacement
- Lowering your energy costs. Most of our heat and air conditioning can be lost through poorly sealed windows. If you upgrade to energy efficient windows you can get by with a smaller HVAC system and save as much as 25% on your total energy costs.
- Newer windows come with a special coating on them that will reflect some of the waves from the sun. If you have a bunch of south facing windows this will be a godsend in the summer time. Your rooms will be more comfortable and you won’t have to crank up the air conditioning. If you get the latest windows that are triple paned with argon gas, your home will be so much cooler.
- New windows give you a great ROI. If you replace your windows on a Monday and then decide to sell your house on a Tuesday you will make almost all of your investment back.
- You can lower your insurance rates, newer windows are more secure and it is more difficult for thieves to break into your home.
- You can extend the life of your furniture. Blocking out the UV rays that come into your home will keep the fabric on your furniture from fading as well as protecting your art work.
- Block out ambient noise. If you live in the center of town or near a highway and the noise of traffic bothers you then new windows can cut down on the noise.
- New windows need less maintenance that the older ones do. The windows have all kinds of features that make them easier to clean, they are easy to take out. Some of them even come with blinds in between the panes, so you don’t have to clean blinds either.
By now you should be convinced that new windows are a great idea. They are energy efficient and they will look fabulous and they are not as expensive to replace as you might think.